Get Help

Our free legal services are for people on low incomes in the cities of Port Phillip, Stonnington and Bayside.

Do you live in the council areas of Port Phillip, Stonnington or Bayside?
Are you on a low income?
Do we help with your area of concern?

Criminal law

Family violence


Tenancy (limited help only)

If you think you might meet our eligibility criteria, call Victoria Legal Aid on 1300 792 387. 

We do not take enquiries by email.

Please note, we do not provide immediate legal advice over the phone.

If you are eligible for our services, Victoria Legal Aid will send through your details, and we will be in contact to arrange a legal advice appointment for you.

You can request a phone interpreter if you need one.

Do you want legal advice over the phone?

We do not provide legal advice over the phone. To receive free legal information over the phone, you can call Victoria Legal Aid or use its online live chat service, Legal Help Chat. Victoria Legal Aid also offer referrals and free legal advice for those who are eligible.

Skip to content